This page contains a series of downloadable documents to help you with sailing at Lancing.
The Sailing Instructions (SI) contain the definition of the scoring system being used and the prizes that will be awarded. It also explains the meaning of the flags and courses.
All races will be governed by the rules as defined under The Racing Rules of Sailing in the Sailing Instructions.
Guides to club series
West Sussex Police Regatta
Lancing Sailing Club welcomes the West Sussex Police Regatta on Wednesday 05 August 2015. This event is open to members of West Sussex Police force and associates, as well as Lancing Sailing Club members.
- First start at 11am
- 3 back-to-back races on a variety of courses
- Handicap fleet
- £10 double-handers
- £8 single-handers (£4 for juniors and youths)
- Lancing Correction Factor (LCF)
- Handicap system based on Portsmouth Yardstick taking into account local tidal conditions.
- Personal Handicap
- Handicap adjusted to suit experience / performance
- Winter Series Guide
- Standard Operating Procedure – Safety boats and Safety duty
- A rough guide to the Canteen
- B2B (Back to Back)
- Second race start sequence will commence as soon as possible after last finishers in previous race have finished
If you cannot download or open any of these documents, please contact us at: