Covid19 Update – 20th April 2020

Dear Members

I hope you are all well and coping with lockdown.

Following our previous decision to delay the start of the sailing season until at least the end of April you will no doubt be aware that the government announced on Thursday 16th April that the country will remain in lockdown for a further three weeks, which takes us at least until 7th May and potentially further.

I don’t think we can put a date on when we will be able to go sailing as the decision is not likely to be one that is in our hands, but we will obviously want to get on the water as soon as it is considered safe to do so and without putting any of our members at risk. We will not want to ask people who are in at risk categories to do duties until it is safe to do so.

On the social side we did say we would hope to move the Good Friday bike ride to the 8th May Bank Holiday, but it does not look like this will be possible, partly because the Council are closing part of the route for maintenance.

Finally, the sailing club’s Main Committee have met and will continue to do so under lockdown. If anyone wants to see the minutes please contact me at

Sean Dwyer