|Lancing Sailing Club was founded in 1959 by a small group of enthusiasts who wanted to take advantage of the excellent sailing water along this stretch of the South East coastline. A suitable site was found at the end of Shopsdam Road, for which the local council charged the princely sum of £5 per annum. After building a small retaining wall, the founder members levelled the site and erected a small portable building. This was replaced in 1980, with a semi-permanent building which served the club well until 2001. The present clubhouse was built during the Spring of 2002, and with two floors, doubled our accommodation space. A grant from Sport England made the new clubhouse possible.|
See photos from the old clubhouse when it was new.
Many thanks to Maurice Yates and everyone else who took the photos at the time.
Many thanks to Len Blann and everyone else who took the photos at the time.